Eye Exams in Southern NH
Serving Derry, Londonderry and Windham for More Than 35 Years
Going to the doctor for regular checkups is vital to your health. However, a general practitioner cannot provide an in-depth eye exam. For the sake of your eye health, it’s important that you undergo an eye exam once every two years. If you have a chronic eye condition, you may need to visit the eye doctor more frequently. If you’re looking for an eye doctor in Southern New Hampshire, schedule an appointment with Spindel Eye Associates. We have more than 35 years of experience providing eye care services in Derry, Londonderry and Windham.
What to Expect During an Exam
There is no reason to be nervous before or during an eye exam. Still, it might settle your nerves if you know what to expect during your routine exam.
- Eye Muscle Test: After your doctor asks about your eye health history, he or she will test your eye muscles. This is a relatively simple test that involves moving your eyes as your eye doctor observes.
- Visual Acuity Test: Your doctor will test the clarity of your vision by asking you to read the letters on a chart. The more letters you can read, the better your vision.
- Retinal Exam: Your doctor will use special eyedrops to dilate your pupils so he or she may examine the back part of your eye. Your eyes will be very sensitive to light for a few hours after your retinal exam.
- Refraction: Next, your doctor will move a large apparatus in front of your face and ask you a series of questions. The refraction portion of the exam allows your doctor to hone in on the proper prescription.
Why Eye Exams Are Important
Regularly visiting your eye doctor is an essential aspect of preventative care. Here are just a few reasons why it’s a good idea to keep in touch with your eye doctor.
- Identify Eye Conditions: Glaucoma, cataracts, and other eye disorders are often difficult to detect in their early stages. Keeping up with your eye appointments is important for identifying these conditions and beginning treatment.
- Improve Your Sight: If you have difficulty seeing things that others can see clearly, you should see an eye doctor. Regular eye appointments can help ensure that your eyeglass prescription is up to date and your vision is as clear as possible.
For more information about what you can expect at a routine eye exam, call Spindel Eye Associates at (603) 434-4193. We offer a wide range of effective eye care solutions for Derry and Londonderry residents.