We accept most major insurance plans offered in New Hampshire. If you do not see your insurance provider listed here or have any questions, please contact our office at 603-434-4193. We will also gladly verify coverage for you.
Our team participates in these medical and routine insurance plans:
- United Health Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fallon Preferred Care (only)
- Bankers Life
- Wellsense (medical only) Medicaid
- New Hampshire Medicaid
- New Hampshire Healthy Families/Opticare Medicaid
- Health Plan, Inc.
- Harvard Pilgrim
- First Health
- Vision Service Plan (VSP)
For non-elective procedures, such as standard Cataract Surgery, Spindel Eye Associates accepts all major insurances as well as Medicare. Please call 1-877-EXAM-2020 if you have specific questions about your insurance coverage. Please note that if your insurance requires a referral, it is your responsibility to obtain that referral prior to your appointment with us, as we may not be able to obtain it for you on the day of your appointment.
For your convenience, our office participates in a variety of health plans. Many of these plans cover routine eye exams and may pay for glasses or contact lenses. Our insurance coordinator is always available if you have any questions regarding your coverage.
For our Medicare-age patients, we accept assignment. Some of these plans, including Medicare, require that you pay a copayment or deductible. We realize that health insurance claims can be confusing, so our staff is available during business hours to assist you.
For health insurance plans with which we do not participate, we will provide you with the appropriate billing information. Payment for these services is required at the time of your visit.
GENERAL INSURANCE INFORMATION
Health insurance and vision insurance are both important to maintain healthy eyes. Are you wondering which type of insurance you will use when you come in for your visit?
Please take a moment to review the following information. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions. A member of our staff will be happy to help you.
YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE
Your health insurance will be used if you are coming in for medical care. Health insurance would cover medical eye exams and services for the following:
- Ocular diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, dry eye, macular degeneration.
- An existing condition that could affect your eyes, such as diabetes
- A complaint such as red eyes, flashes of light, floaters, or loss of vision.
YOUR VISION INSURANCE
Your vision insurance, VSP® or Eyemed, is used if you are coming in for a routine eye exam. This visit would be similar to going to your primary care physician for a routine physical exam. Vision insurance would be used in the following situations:
- To evaluate vision disorders such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia.
- If you have no eye problems or previously known eye conditions
In addition, your vision insurance may have benefits that include:
- Allowance for prescription eyeglasses and contacts lenses
- Allowance for contact lens exam fees
- Optical lens enhancements (such as anti-glare coating)