Frames for Spectacles
Tips For Frame Selection
With so many frames to choose from and styles available, finding the right frame for you can seem overwhelming, but finding the right frame is quite easy to do. You can use these basic guidelines to help you:
1. When selecting a frame for yourself, a basic guideline to start with is to choose frames that are the opposite of your face shape. See shape guideline below for further details.
2. Make sure your eyes are centered comfortably in the frame. This will ensure the best vision possible.
3. Temple length is another key part to selecting the proper frames. Make sure they fit comfortably over the ear without being too long.
4. Assess the size of your nose to see if a large or narrow bridge is best. Use a larger bridge for wider noses or a narrow bridge (generally a frame with nose pads) for narrower noses to ensure proper fit.
5. When selecting frames that will need to accommodate progressive or bifocal lenses, the optician will help ensure that the minimum height requirement needed for the lenses is met.
One final pointer, when shopping for frames, it helps to bring along a friend you trust (and whose style you like) to offer honest opinions. Above all, choose a frame that you like and that reflects your style and personality.