Benefits of LASIK Eye Surgery
Performing LASIK for Derry, Londonderry, and Manchester Residents
Do your eyeglasses or contact lenses cause you constant frustration? If you opt for laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) surgery, you can enjoy improved vision without the need for corrective eyewear. Through LASIK surgery, your eye doctor can reshape your cornea and correct the refractive error that blurs your vision. The Derry eye doctors at Spindel Eye Associates perform numerous LASIK surgeries every year, and can use their expertise to drastically improve your vision. Schedule an appointment at our Derry and Londonderry eye care clinic to determine whether LASIK is right for you.
Issues that Can Be Treated With LASIK
LASIK is a safe procedure that can successfully treat some of the most common refractive errors. If you have been diagnosed with one of the following conditions, you may be a good candidate for LASIK surgery.
- Farsightedness: Farsightedness, or hyperopia, occurs in people with eyes that are shorter than average. Though these individuals can see far objects clearly, they have difficulty seeing near objects.
- Nearsightedness: Nearsightedness (myopia) is the opposite of farsightedness. Nearsighted people have longer eyes, and have difficulty seeing objects that are far away.
- Astigmatism: People with astigmatism typically have trouble seeing objects at all distances. This condition occurs in people with unusually shaped corneas. The cornea is the transparent cap that covers the front of the eye.
Benefits of Bladeless LASIK
LASIK involves painlessly cutting into the cornea with either a metal blade or a laser (bladeless LASIK). Below are a few benefits of LASIK in general and bladeless LASIK in particular.
- Low Risk of Complications: All forms of LASIK have a very high success rate. However, the incisions made during bladeless LASIK surgery tend to be more even than those made with metal blades.
- Drastically Improved Vision: About 95% of people who undergo LASIK achieve a visual acuity of 20/40 or better. Can you imagine what your life would be like with drastically improved vision?
- No Need for Corrective Eyewear: The vast majority of people who undergo LASIK surgery no longer need eyeglasses or contacts to see well. If you opt for LASIK surgery, you could free yourself from the hassle and expense of prescription corrective eyewear.
LASIK is a safe, painless, and effective procedure. Still, you probably have a great deal of questions. To schedule a consultation with an experienced eye doctor in Derry, call Spindel Eye Associates at (603) 434-4193. We offer LASIK surgery, routine eye exams, and many other eye care services to residents in Derry, Londonderry, and Manchester.