Caring for Your Glasses: Keeping Them from Getting Scratched
With all the methods and products available to clean your glasses, it can be difficult to know exactly what to use and how to clean them. You not only want your glasses to be clean so you can see out of them, you also want to keep them from getting scratched.
The key when it comes to cleaning and caring for your glasses is to be as gentle as possible. Whether you prefer to wash them with soap and water, use a spray or cleanser, an individual wipe, or a microfiber cloth, each can be effective but could damage your glasses if you use them incorrectly.
Washing Your Glasses
- Be sure to wash and dry your hands before cleaning your eyeglasses so you don’t transfer any dirt or other substances onto them.
- Rinse your glasses using a gentle stream of lukewarm water. This process removes dust and debris. Water that’s too hot can damage lens coatings.
- Use just a small drop of dishwashing liquid on each lens. Be sure to use lotion-free soap.
- Use your fingers to gently rub both sides of each lens. Don’t forget to rub the frame and other areas including where the frame meets the edge of the lenses.
- Shake the glasses gently so most of the water falls off. If you don’t need to wear them right away, allow them to air dry.
- Dry the lenses and frame carefully using a clean lint-free towel. Use a dedicated dish towel that hasn’t been laundered.
Washing your glasses is the best method to clean them, but when you’re on the go you can also use a spray eyeglass cleaner, a pre-moistened disposable lens cleaning wipe, or a microfiber cleaning cloth. Be sure to store your eyeglasses in a protective case when you aren’t wearing them. For more information, contact Spindel Eye Associates at 603-421-6536.
- Eye Exams
- Spindel Eye Reviews
- Dry Eyes
- Refractive Errors
- Macular Degeneration
- Ocular Diseases
- Pulsed Light Therapy
- eye care
- eye health
- Eye irritation
- Eye Syndrome
- Eye Doctors
- LASIK Surgery
- dry eye syndrome Manchester
- Vision Care
- Contact Lenses
- Crizal Prevencia